Saturday, August 17, 2013

Aligning the kua to the heel

From early on, I knew that I needed to align the kua to the heel in certain postures in the yilu, e.g. white crane spreads its wings.  Today, all of a sudden, I tried to align the kua to the heel in every move. It could be the front kua with the front heel, rear kua with the rear heel, front kua with the rear heel, somehow I didn't do rear kua with the front heel, maybe I did but it would immediately become front kua with the rear heel after the switch. This alignment seemed to create a very strong stick, it also allowed the hands to become more solid, and the fajin was not as wobbly, and became more precise. It seemed to allow a lower stance too without straining the knee. I would need to test this more in tomorrow's practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment