This video is a refreshing way of looking at separation of yin and yang. This first half talks about a theory, and the second half is a push-hand demonstration on the theory.
- 2:04 - If there is no hole or tunnel in a rock, when you push on it, you hand can't get through, and you will just move the whole rock. Now if you with the hands held in front are the rock, the fact that the hands can come back without you moving, it is because that you (the rock) has a hole, which the hands go through.
- 2:59 - Your opponent fights you (the rock), he is going to find that there is a hole in you, and his energy will just go into it without him knowing why. With Practical Method, when you do it correctly, you are totally stealing your opponent's energy or it's like you put a virus in your opponent's software, and his brain starts to listen to you and he doesn't even know why his brain listens to you. It's because you are activating the opponent's muscles without going through his mind. This is called indirect power. You access your opponent indirectly by creating a hole.
- 4:55 - Master Chen Zhonghua pushed against the opponent (creating a rock), and then he moved something at the bottom (creating a hole in the rock). The opponent then fell into it. This definitely required repeated watching and trying.
- 5:44 - Another way of creating a hole, it is called a sand pit. It is like you standing on a boarding, and someone digs a hole under the board, and you will eventually fall into it.
- 9:00 - Master Chen Zhonghua demonstrated how the stepping part of Brush Knee created a hole.