Recently, I had a dream where I used my thigh to push down the opponent at his thigh. Shifu came over and mentioned something that I didn't quite understand. I then practiced that move with another student named Benz, and I got that move in the dream. When I woke up, I realized that I learned something.
What I learned was about making two contact points with the opponent's leg with my leg. In order to have power on one contact point, I must make sure that the other point does not move. The two contact points must be made on the opposite sides of the opponent's leg. This is how to create a lever in my leg.
Another important note is that I must set up the two contact points without the opponent's notice, this translates to not pushing the opponent during the setup, and wrapping my leg around the opponent's leg like a snake.
Either point A or B in the diagram can be used as the fixed point based on the situation. Examples of options in application:
- Use point A as the fixed point, stretch point B respective to point A.
- Use point B as the fixed point, stretch point A respective to point B.
- Use point C (a point on the line between point A and B) as the fixed point, move A and B in equal size but opposite directions.
- Use point A as the fixed point, stretch my hand on the opponent's front with respective to point A.
- Use point B as the fixed point, stretch my other hand on the opponent's back with respective to point B.
In fact, Shifu has demonstrated this move many times. I just realized the importance, and how it can be used to collapse the opponent's structure.