Friday, July 23, 2021

Breakthrough: Going down

Tonight through zoom at the North American Practical Method Training Camp 2021, Master Chen Zhonghua was teaching people push hands. The two people engaged with one hugging the other. I experienced knowing the move that Master Chen would want in that situation.  I practiced it on my own thinking about how I would do it. It was the step-back-and-go-down move. Master Chen later instructed the students the same way. When I actually face an opponent, I may not be able to do it, but at least the thought was the same, and it would guide my training on this move.

Master Chen's comment: Makes one wonder why people can’t see it, can’t understand it and can’t do it.

I believe I can see it because there is the space in between the kuas that I can go into. When I get to the normal stuck position, there is such option available to me. However, if I can't move the kua in a certain way, that option of going down is simply not available, and I wouldn't be able to make the association of the words "going down" to it. This is a matter of 火候.

No comments:

Post a Comment