Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Chen Zhonghua's Online Lesson on Nov. 2, 2020

At this stage, when I train yilu, don't train the hands, don't even include them. Just focus on using the kuas to cause the rotate. We must have a very solid rod, so that we can rub it. There are two of them: one vertical from ban hui to hui yin, one horizontal from shoulder to hand.  The two interact like two gears. We rotate the veritical one to cause the horizontal one to rotate, which acts like a drill bit.

In Step Back to Double Shake Feet, make sure that after I put my right foot back, I use the kuas to rotate. I was sticking my butt out a bit. I must maintain a central vertical axis. The muscles on the two sides of the neck must be stretched to emphasize on the central vertical axis. At first, we train a central vertical axis that is perpendicular to the ground, then the axis can be slanted as long as it is maintained during rotation. At this time, we must emphasize on the stretch and make effort to maintain it. In the future, we can be more relax as it is there already, and we can just use it at will.

Train one knee up and one knee down to cause the torso to fall down while maintaining the central axis.

No comments:

Post a Comment