Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kua Rotation

Since I read the article referenced in the blog below, I have a much different understanding of the kua.
http://ktaiji.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-is-kua.html
I am starting to feel what it means to rotate the kua. I am very much looking forward to meet Master Chen in May 2010 to verify whether I am on the correct path.
One thing that I feel different is during the duck walking exercise. I am starting to feel with kua rotation, I can use the front leg as an anchor to pull the hind leg to the front. Rotating the kua allows me to adjust the centre of gravity from the even split on both legs, to 60/40 or 70/30.
I am trying to apply such kua rotation on every leg move in Yilu. It was easier to start with legs wider apart at first, now I can feel the same sensation with legs relatively closer together, like in a normal standing position.

This is very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment